Discussion in 'ArcheAge' started by Mustarde, Oct 30, 2014.
Since we're on the subject of goals, what's the current take on recruitment and what are the plans?
We can do both, have them get the design and plans, there are a ton of people online enough for it to be an option.
keep me informed. I'll have you guys know that we have our first JCST recruit, hoping to get about 10 or so soon. 15 max, gotta keep the posse tight yo
The reason I'm stressing this out now is because with the release of a new raid, it will be easier to get more people.
Judging by feedback that we got in the raiding thread, we may be running short on warm bodies.
I can totally understand this because many of us have raided in the past and got burned out. Now we get to do this all over again, only in a new game.
Casual or not, everyone wants better gear and this will be one of the better ways to get it.
I'm personally interested in progression more than anything else.
We desperately need better gear and we haven't even tried to touch GHA, we've been grinding hasla a bit but even with just myself and bacon it's hard to keep a farm lane.
So I'm hoping we can get a squad of 10 going to work together and get some of that shit finally done. Sick of getting shit on in pvp
It kind of is tho- people are upset that they can't or don't have access to a merch ship. Also the more we have the growth and potential is exponential. Any time a "worth while" run is at or close to 130% we could potentially make 5-600 or even more gold per run. Using guild materials to make the packs give us several options; one being that one person(an officer or leader) would make the packs then once we land those who turn them in keep the bounty amd the gold that the leader makes becomes the guilds gold, another option is that we have the leaders or officer make the packa then also have them turn them in and then pool the money for the guild or guild related purposes.
I imagine that right now the guild coffers consist of phaedos pocket- which is cery shallow at the moment. If we could establish a decent gold pool for the guild we could have the potential to do almost anything we need, which imo the next step would be getting the fuck out of karkasse.
There is also power in numbers- the likelyhood that people will fuck with 2-3 merch ships that have proper escort is extremely slim. We have enough people with farm carts to load and unload the ships quickly- imo the only things we are missing are the mata for trade runs and the ships themselves. At this time I can not think of anything more.important than jumpstarting the guilds economic prowess (aside from gearing from hasla and gha, which should be done btwn trade runs). Some really profiting runs include Twocrowns- sandeep, Lily-sandeep, twocrowns-solz and solz-cinderstone. I think the leadership can see the value and importance of putting this at the forefront of guild objectives. The sooner- the better.
written from.my.phone so deal with it :P
I would have to agree with what @Jaamaw has said. After the discussion wednesday/thursday about the possibility of getting 2 more merchs and a galleon I completely agree with it. Do they all haved to be utilized at the same time? no, but it not only spreads responsibilities and availability, but it opens the door for both wealth expansion and quick guilda expansion.
Doing 2-4 runs in a row is great, but if we could cut that down to 1-2 and get the same turnout, not only will it improve efficiency, but it will help us in both the short and long run, and it will improve our trade/expansion/acquisition efficiency as a guild.
If we went for something more fluff oriented, like the chalet, it would take about 3-4 days of 4-6 runs a day. If we wanted to expand in a domestic way, making 2-3 trips per day spanning 1-2 days would be muuuuch better.
Loving the discussion here and clearly I need to be on the forums more.
1) "It's Happening" Merchant ship # 2 is alive and well and getting # 3 will make us so flexible and unlock our current bottle neck.
2) A discussion is held with those willing to "give up" their Guilda for the guild and to be honest it's been very impressive. People want progression for the guilda more than personal gain and selfishness. NNG is great like that.
3) Having 3 Merchant Ships will have the gold and guilda flowing on an individual basis (FOR THOSE THAT ASK HINT HINT HINT) and as a guild as well. (In other words, ASK TO RUN PACKS). It is not going to be the responsibility of Thane, Myself, and Sixten to reach out to people asking if they want to run packs. If you want to run pack PLEASE ask us and we are more than happy to get you and anyone else the gold they want. I say this because I think (besides Jaam) I was really the only one that would ask Thane for Merchant Ship runs and it was great getting 100g+ per run in like 20 minutes.
4) (Haven't spoken to officers yet but it's going to happen) To build the guild Gold chest, 100% safe Merchant runs will be done from Two-Crowns to Solz (price percentage doesn't matter due to pure profit). 1 run will net the guild over 100g profit. We can split the labor (people make 2 packs each and Phaedo or what ever officer turns them in. Guild members get a cut for their time and labor spent automatically for making the packs and the guild bank account grows. With the expansion happening today I know people will be distracted but we need to do 2 runs very quickly either today or tomorrow as the guild has like 10g I think.
4a) This will allow the guild to buy mats if needed in a crunch and no longer having Phaedo come out of pocket. IMO the guild should be sitting on 2,000g right now in the bank to take advantage of opportunities that will come up. There should also be 1 -2 two runs like this done a week for guild gold from now on.
5) Recruiting (softly) should begin right now as Merch # 2 is up. Full NNG style recruiting should begin after Merch # 3 is up. Gaining members will allow us to to ensure we have bodies for clipper support, Merchant ships manned, and 1 full Gal manned. The 2nd Gal is a must for flexibility, it's not about having 2 Gal's fully manned (but I have no problem with us getting there), it IS about having a Gal available as this is a game and people have lives in R/L. Shuzz has stuff going on this weekend so he won't be around, Sixten has school, when my wife and I are traveling well I'm afk for days. More ships means R/L doesn't matter all that much to the guild as the guild has other ships to move forward.
6) I would love everyone to be doing their Guilda Dailies on a regular basis. I know I was slacking on that for a long time and now that I have started my guilda has really been increasing and i can't wait to use it for something for the guild. Hell I'm even doing them while I have my alt on my mount as well so I'm getting twice the guilda so we have another design even sooner.
7) My short term goals for NNG.
6 Merchant ships
2 Fishing boats so we can kick back and relax
100% clipper ownership (seriously no excuses)
Farm Carts : We have enough, no need to spend guild energy getting people carts. BUT ASK FOR TRADE RUNS TO GET GOLD TO GET A CART IF YOU WANT ONE! (or two.. or three...)
More land, ideally farm land or large buildings that have lots of farm space for max sized items (like Dairy pen size)
Bad ass guild hall location
****Reach goal is a well placed Fellowship Plaza for our own style of trade packs***
Poets you are so sexy I don't know what to say...
Also sorry guys but I take call for 7 days at a time, and I have been on since last Thursday. It really affects my ability to be on TS or participate in anything taking longer than a few minutes. As a result I have pretty much been a ghost, logging in to use my bed and keep the manor tended to.
I really like this discussion - and as the thread is titled - "November goals" - I am excited to see how much we can accomplish together by December 1. Keep it up, both in and out of game, and remember what NNG is all about. Those of you giving up personal guilda to help the outfit out are showing that with your actions and not just words.
Separate names with a comma.